Andrea Schulte is the owner and creative force behind New Mexico Pie Company. She attended Johnson and Wales University in Charleston, SC, and holds A.A. degrees in both Pastry Arts and Culinary Arts. In addition, she earned a B.S. degree in Food Service Management.
She interned at Disney World and The Scottsdale Princess Resort. She has extensive experience in her field, including The Ranchers Club, Hyatt Tamaya Resort, Marriott Pyramid Hotel, The St. James Tearoom, Whole Foods Market, and a Stage at The French Laundry as well as catering, wedding cakes and as a private chef. She also teaches Baking & Pastry Arts at CNM.
Andrea is the winner of numerous awards, including The NM Chocolate Fantasy and the National Bacardi Classic, which she won for a plated dessert using Bacardi O Orange Rum in her Molten Chocolate Bacardi O Cake with Orange Vanilla Sauce.
Andrea has a very talented staff at New Mexico Pie Company including graduates from Central New Mexico Community College and The French Pastry School.
We make only products we would serve in our own home. Each item is skillfully made by hand, and baked fresh using quality ingredients.
We always use:
- We always use unbleached, unbromated flours
- We always use pure unsalted butter, fruits, cream cheese, vanilla & sea salt
- We always use as many locally grown & produced ingredients as possible
We never use:
- We never use hydrogenated shortening or margarine
- We never use artificial flavors
- We never use trans-fats
- We never use bleached or bromated flour